Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It Started with a Picture

This past weekend, I attended Burning Life for an assignment for my English class. I took a bunch of pictures to add into my blog as well as my Koinup account. I was just snapping away and uploaded them all to Koinup. About a day later I got an email that someone had added me as a friend me on Koinup. This confused me for a few reasons. I did not even know that you could friend someone on Koinup. I had no idea that people even looked at my works. Finally I did not think any of it was any good.

burn5_001

I have not yet asked this person to write about him, so for now lets call him Jean-Pierre. Apparently Jean-Pierre thinks that this picture is “favorite” worthy. His world is also Second Life, and by looking at his pictures, I can tell he is no noob. He has more than 1,600 pieces of work, and nearly 1,000 comments. From looking at his pictures, I can tell he has been all over the Second Life world.

My work pales in comparison to some of his photographs. This is a picture he had on his home page under the title “Last Month Coolest Work”. To me, this title does not do the picture justice. The way he was able to frame the sky, sea, and cottage amazed me. I find it almost humorous how the same person who took this picture, favorited one of mine.

Personally I like this picture much better than the one he liked. It is almost of the same scene. You can see the same Ferris wheel looking carnival ride in both pictures of my pictures. The main reason I like this one over the other is because of the time of day. I took this picture at night and the dark sky in the background along with electricity pattern on the supports make the picture much more interesting. The balloons also give this picture more vibrant colors.

burn6_001

1 Comments:

At Oct 22, 2009, 3:51:00 AM , Blogger Iggy O said...

"Finally I did not think any of it was any good."

Don't worry. It is common to have someone "friend" you at Koinup when they like a photo. That way they can follow your photo-stream.

"the same Ferris wheel like thing" uses the unfortunate and vague "thing." Why not "carnival ride"?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home