Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Photo Hunt!

I was given an assignment to go on a scavenger hunt in Second Life. Everyone was given a list and we had to go and take pictures of the different places. This taught us more about SL, the SL camera tool as well as basic photography.

Ireland boat_001
The first place I went to visit was Ireland. I was very impressed about a lot of things there. The streets and signs and buildings were so detailed. I have never been to Ireland, but i would assume that it looks much like this. I want to travel to the real places and do a side by side comparison to see how realistic Second Life really is. I would like to see if the "Uncanny Valley" actually exists. The picture I uploaded was taken when I was in the bottom of a river of some sort. I was at first in the middle of the sidewalk, and I wanted a picture of that as a glitch. The bottom of the boat I thought was very interesting so this is the one I picked.

The next place I was very impressed with was the Sistine Chapel. I have been to the real Sistine Chapel, and this was a very good representation of that place. I did not see a sort of "Uncanny Valley" though. It felt as though I was looking at a picture of the Sistine Chapel. It did not have the three dimension feel as many of the other places in SL had. It was also really hard to line up a good shot of this place because it was in the middle of a small building. Every time I tried to fly to a better spot I would find myself in a wall or completely outside of the building.

Sistine2_001
Finally one of my favorite pictures was taken in Harlem. I was walking around and i found this really cool looking old car. So I hopped in the drivers seat and took a picture of it. Shortly after I posted this picture on Koinup, I got a comment by some random person saying how he liked the car. Knowing that I got a comment by someone not in my class was a good feeling.

Harlem 2_001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home