Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who Am I?

Who is Eliot Ellisson? Right now he is my Second Life avatar. Eventually she will become my Second Life avatar. We were required to pick a gender neutral name, and Eliot from Scrubs was in my head at the time. In a later post I will change sexes and see how the world is different in a new pair of shoes. I also chose the last name because I like double letter initials. EE

When I first made my avatar, I did not really customize him as much as I could have. I changed a few things about him, but I won't forget the first comment i got from one of my friends. She took one look at Eliot and said "Wow, you're tall!" In life I am about 5' 10" but in SL I guess I am about 6' 2". I need to walk around more and compare my height and other characteristics to non-noobs.

As for how I feel about having a virtual self in another world, I am still undecided. It is not so much unsettling that a somewhat realistic me in pixel form, but it is some kind of uneasy feeling. I will have to explore more of the world and then pass a judgement whether I like it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home